Date Created: 11/12/15
Difficulty Level: Intermediate
Time to Complete: 30 minutes
Price: $5 (only because once you get better at making the military braid, you can make them much more quickly)
- 1/4″ green grosgrain ribbon
- 3/8″ red grosgrain ribbon (or any color for bow on wreath)
- 6mm red or colored jewels for embellishment
Measurements: (and what the pieces are for)
- 40″ of 1/4″ green
- 5″ of red for bow
- 4.5″ of red for clip liner
- I followed my purchased instructions for Turtle Ribbon Sculpture by Ella Bella Bows for military braid.
Make on hair clip, magnet, pin or ornament for tree.
10/9/16: Tried again with the shiny 1/4″ satin and measurements were perfect. Also used 6mm lighter red jewels and 4 1/2″ of the red polka dot ribbon for both the clip liner and bow.
I followed a pattern to make this diaper and since this was my first time sewing a cloth diaper, I took lots of photos along the way. I’m going to try to change the pattern a bit more to my liking. But for now, this should help me remember how I did it.