Pinwheel with Tails (7/8″ hot pink)
- 17″ of 7/8″ hot pink ribbon made into pinwheel with tails on 3″ template
- When running threads through, only look at the front and don’t be concerned about the back of the ribbon.
- Thread the needle through two stitches on each piece of ribbon up through the middle just like on a bow tie. That makes for a nice cinch.
- Next did 7/8″ white 16″ long, perfect.
Pinwheel with No Tails (7/8″ periwinkle)
16″ of 7/8″ periwinkle on 2 3/4-3″ template
Pinwheel with Tails (7/8″ orchid)
- 14.5″ of 7/8″ orchid ribbon on 2 3/4″ template
- 40 mm ribbon lined french clip
Pinwheels: with tails, with no tails and bow tie with tails
I wanted to see how the pinwheels came out when I made them with or without tails and how big they would be and how they would look on the clips. Here are a few variations with 5/8″ colored dots grosgrain ribbon.
Pinwheel with tails on ribbon lined alligator clip
- 9 1/2″ of 5/8″ colored dots ribbon for pinwheel with tails on 1 3/4″ template
- 4 1/2″ of 3/8″ hot pink for ribbon lined clip
- 1 1/2″ of 1/4″ hot pink for center
- NOTE: I think I’d prefer this pinwheel with tails on a 2″ template instead
Pinwheel with no tails on ribbon lined alligator clip
- 9″ of 5/8″ colored dots ribbon for pinwheel with no tails on 1 3/4″ template
- 4 1/2″ of 3/8″ fuchsia for ribbon lined clip
- 1 1/2″ of 1/4″ fuchsia for center
Bow tie with separate tails on ribbon lined alligator clip
- 4″ for bow tie and 2″ for tails, sewn on separately
- 4 1/2″ of 3/8″ royal blue for ribbon lined clip
- 4″ of 3/8″ royal blue for center knot
This is a double layer pinwheel with a bottle cap of a pink and purple princess castle.
- 11 1/2″ of 7/8″ shocking pink made into no tails pinwheel on 2 1/2″ bow template
- 16″ of 1 1/2″ light pink made into no tails pinwheel on 3 1/2″ bow template
- stack bows, mount on medium french clip with 3/8″ shocking pink center wrap
- embellish with Princess Castle bottle cap