I made one of these for my niece for her 1st birthday party, as a Minion theme.
But I didn’t write down the measurements, so I’m just trying to recreate it, 2 years later with a Trolls theme. Here’s what I’m trying…
Top small flower bow: (2) 6″ of 3/8″ ribbon in 2 colors, I chose fuchsia and hot pink.
Bottom bigger flower bow: (2) 8″ of 3/8″ ribbon in 3 colors, I chose white, mint green and turquoise.
Spikes: (2) 4″ of 7/8″ ribbon in 2 colors, I chose turquoise and fuchsia. V cut ends.
Seal ends of all ribbon with a lighter before beginning. Find center and layer ribbons on the center of a pin. Glue centers so they won’t shift. Add each petal by pushing onto pin, then gluing as well.
After making the new flowers, each layer came out just a bit smaller than the ones on this minion bow, at 2.5″ wide. I think that the top layer of ribbon was more likely 7″. The 2nd bow came out to 3.5″ wide whereas the Minion one was closer to 4″ so it was probably 10″ ribbons. And the spikes were probably 4.5″ or 5″.
4th of July Over the Top Bow with “Star Spangled Cutie” removable/changeable bottle cap
Date Created: 7/2016
Difficulty Level: Advanced
Time to Complete: 30+ minutes
- 3/8″ ribbon
- red with white dots
- navy& white lollipop stripes
- 7/8″ ribbon
- red & white stripe
- 50-60cm french clip
- 1.75″ alligator clip
- 1″ bottle cap image
- 1″ epoxy dot
- 1″ bottle cap
- E6000 glue
- needle and thread
- hot glue gun
- lighter or heat seal source
Measurements: (and what the pieces are for)
- 16″ of 7/8″ turquoise for boutique bow
- 5″ of 3/8″ red with white dots for center
- 4.5″ of 3/8″ red with white dots for clip liner
- 6″ of 3/8″ red with white dots for center wrap
- (2) 9″ of 3/8″ red with white dots for top bow surround
- (2) 9.5″ of 3/8″ white & navy lollipop stripes for bottom bow surround
- Spikes (all 4″, but I think 4.5″ would have worked better on this bow)
- (2) 7/8″ turquoise
- (2) 7/8″ white
- (2) 7/8″ navy
- (1) 7/8″ red & white stripe
After making boutique bow, it measured 3″ from corner to corner. So to measure the spikes I added 1″ and cut them at 4″. However, these spikes ended up a bit too short and didn’t stick out under the bow at all. I would try measuring spikes to be 1.5″ longer than longest length of the boutique bow.
Sorry, no tutorial available yet for this one. Please add a comment below if you’d like to request to see instructions on how to make this bow.
Stacked pinwheels with no tails and a layer of spikes with bottle cap with a mustache
Pinwheel, 2 stacked no tail pinwheels on spikes with mustache bottle cap
- 12″ of 7/8″ RABOM aqua to make pinwheel with no tails on 2 3/4″ template
- 16″ of 1 1/2″ hot pink to make pinwheel with no tails on 3 1/2″ template
- (2) 5 1/4″ of 1 1/2″ black for spikes
- Mounted on french clip
Stacked no tail pinwheels with spikes and bottle cap
- 12″ of 7/8″ black to make no tails pinwheel on 2 3/4″ template
- 16″ of 1 1/2″ white to make no tails pinwheel on 3 1/2″ template
- (2) 5″ of 1 1/2″ shocking pink to make 2 spikes
- Stack bows
- 4-5″ of 3/8″ ribbon for center
- Mounted on french clip
- Top with bottle cap