Pinwheels with tails, made with 5/8″ ribbon for 4th of July
Date Created: 6/30/16
Difficulty Level: Intermediate
Time to Complete:
- 5/8″ ribbon for bow
- 1/4″ ribbon for center wrap
- 3/8″ ribbon for clip liner
- 1.75″ alligator clip
- hot glue
- lighter or flame
- needle and thread
Measurements: (and what the pieces are for)
- bow: 9.5″ of 5/8″ red ribbon
- center wrap: a few inches of 1/4″ navy ribbon
- clip liner: 3/8″ white with red stripes ribbon
- Wrap the 5/8″ ribbon around a 1.75″ template to form pinwheel shape with tails.
- Run needle and thread through center line, 2 stitches per piece of ribbon.
- Cinch, wrap tight, and tie off.
- Wrap and glue on center wrap.
- Glue to ribbon lined alligator clip.