Date Created: 12/2/16 (after several times of making these)
Difficulty Level: Intermediate
Time to Complete: 30 minutes
3/8″ grosgrain ribbon
Tree branches: emerald green, green print with ornaments or green print with snowflakes
Bow: red, white, pink, silver, gold, any color (saddle stitch, polka dot, pattern print, sheer glittery)
Trunk clip liner: brown or brown with polka dots
Jem or rhinestone optional
needle and thread for bow
salon clip, badge holder, magnet, pin…whatever you are going to mount it on
Measurements: (and what the pieces are for)
(12) 2″ for tree branches
(1) 4.5-5″ for bow
(1) 4.5″ for trunk clip liner
- Heat seal ends of all ribbons
- For each branch, place a dot of glue on top of one end, place the other end on top at an angle to create a teardrop shape, leaving a small hole in the center. Repeat for all 12 branches
- Mount 4 branches together. Mount 3 branches together. Mount 3 branches together again. Mount 2 branches together.
- Line clip with ribbon for tree trunk.
- Glue bottom wrung of 4 branches near the bottom of the clip. Next glue 3, then 3, then 2.
- Make bow topper and glue on top of tree. Embellish bow.
- Tree can be emerald or any other green (but no one purchased the dark evergreen color) and everyone LOVED when I made it with the light green that had an ornament Christmas pattern with a red with white saddle stitch bow. I personally liked it better with the white with red saddle stitch bow.
- Keep hole in loop small
- Don’t angle bottom row in too much, keep in more level
- Really Spread the 3 out
- Glue each row together first, then glue the row to the clip. The top most row will run out of clip and just be glued to the previous row.
- If making it on a badge pull, simply fold the clip liner in half and glue turner for more stability. Charging $7 for badge pull tree, probably $6 or $6.50 on a clip