Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer is always a kid favorite around the holidays. Here are the measurements I like to use to make my Reindeer Ribbon Sculptures.
Date Created: Winter 2014
Difficulty Level: Intermediate
Time to Complete: 30 minutes?
- 3/8″ medium brown grosgrain
- 7/8″ medium brown grosgrain
- 7/8″ dark brown grosgrain
- 3/8″ holiday print
- googly eyes
- red glitter pom pom or red button
- 5-6mm rhinestone or jingle bell
Measurements: (and what the pieces are for)
- Head: 3 1/2″ of 7/8″ medium brown grosgrain
- Ears: (2) 2″ of 3/8″ medium brown grosgrain
- Antlers: (1) 2″ piece of 7/8″ dark brown grosgrain and cut (2) antlers from it
- Reindeer’s Bow: 4 1/2″ of 3/8″ Christmas ribbon
- Eyes: (1) pair 7-8mm googly eyes
- Nose: (1) red glitter pom pom or red button
- Bow Center (optional): (1) 5-6mm rhinestone or jingle bell
- Cut and seal all ribbons, except antlers.
- Fold head piece so that ends meet perpendicularly and glue, pressing down flat.
- Fold ears so that end overlap forming a teardrop shape, repeat for 2nd ear and then glue ears together and very tip.
- Glue ears onto back of head.
- Create a template for the antlers. These will take lots of practice to get them the way you want and take up the majority of time in the project. Once you cut them out, heat sealing them properly is what really gives them the shape. Once I get them even, then glue on the back.
- Tie or sew bow and attach. Embellish with jewel or jingle bell.
- Glue on eyes and nose.
- Glue onto ribbon lined alligator clip.
- Pink bow and pink nose, or pink and green
- Any colors to match dress or outfit
- Mount on pin to wear on outfit
- Mount on magnet for the fridge
- Mount on badge holder to wear to work
- Clip Reindeer clip on to bigger bow or mount directly on bigger bow for more bling
Originally priced at $8 in 2014, but dropped price to $6 in 2015 because I had the materials on hand and I was able to make them faster.