Welcome to my tutorial on how to make these adorable little goldfish hair bows.
Date Created: 9/20/2015
Difficulty Level: Intermediate
Time to Complete: 15 minute
- 5/8″ grosgrain
- 3/8″ grosgrain
- 1.75″ toothed alligator clip
- (1) 7mm googly eye
- needle and thread
- hot glue gun
- Body: 5-6″ of 5/8″ grosgrain
- Fins and body center wrap: 1″ of 3/8″ grosgrain
- See video below for fully detailed instructions
- Cut v shaped ends on 5/8″ ribbon. Fold it in awareness style, taking notice that the loop at the top will be the mouth and use needle and thread to tie off center. It looks like I liked measurement markings at 1.5″ and 5.5″ for center, so most likely 6″ of ribbon was used. Mount on clip with glue.
- Cut edge off of the 3/8″ ribbon to use a skinny approx 1/8″ wide or less piece for center belly wrap. Seal edge, then glue wrap around center, securing under big open part of clip.
- Cut remaining piece of 3/8″ ribbon in half lengthwise at a diagonal to make 2 fins. Glue under top and bottom of body.
- Apply googly eye.
Instructional Video Tutorial:
Notes to Self on different renditions of making this fish:
- #1) 5″ and 1″ – not long enough
- #2) 6″ and 1.5″ – 6″ too long
- #3) 5.5″ and 1.5″
- mark 1.5″